AIM (Asbury in Mission) is organizing an event to prepare at least 60 Relief Buckets for UMCOR (the United Methodist Committee on Relief). Your participation – though through donating supplies, donating money, and/or donating time to assemble the buckets – will help to provide relief where it is most needed, including areas recovering from Hurricane Ida, the flooding in Tennessee, and the Dixie Fire in northern California.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Supplies will be collected on Sunday mornings at the upper and lower entry doors over the next three weeks (October 10, 17, and 24). UMCOR has developed specific requirements for the supplies that can all fit neatly into a 5 gallon bucket. These items are:
- Five-gallon round bucket with lid: Home Depot or Lowe’s buckets
- 32-64 oz. bottle liquid laundry detergent
- 16-40 oz. bottle liquid concentrate household cleaner, not spray cleaners
- 16-34 oz. bottle liquid dish soap
- 4-8 oz. pump spray air freshener, not canned aerosols
- 6-14 oz. pump spray insect repellant or pack of 10-20 wipes, not canned aerosols
- Scrub brush with or without handle
- 18 re-usable cleaning wipes: Clorox HandiWipes, ScotchBrite, or Scrubit
- Scouring pads, no stainless steel or pads with soap in them
- 36-50 clothespins
- 50-100 ft. clothesline (thick cotton or plastic line)
- 24 roll of heavy-duty trash bags (33-45 gallon sizes), at least 2-3 mil thickness
- N95 particulate respirator dust masks (1-3 mm thickness), no surgical masks
- Kitchen gloves
- Work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
Monetary donations can be made through Asbury’s online giving portal (under the “Fund” drop-down menu, select “Relief Buckets”). Donations can also be made with checks payable to “Asbury Church” with “Relief Buckets” in the memo line. Checks can be dropped in the offering plates on Sunday morning or mailed into the church office.
Helping With Bucket Assembly
Buckets will be assembled on Saturday, October 30. If you are interested in helping to assemble the Relief Buckets, please use the form below to register. We will need about 20 people to help starting at 9 AM.
Thank you for making a difference through your contributions!
For more information about UMCOR, visit https://UMCOR.org
For information about UMCOR’s 2021 responses in the US, visit https://umcmission.org/umcor/umcor-responses-in-2021-continue-to-climb