A food drive for the animals at Gress Mountain Ranch will begin on Sunday, January 31, and end at 1 PM on Sunday, February 14. Donations can be left outside Asbury’s upper level doors anytime throughout those weeks.
For over 20 years, the Gress Mountain Ranch in Orefield has been caring for abused, neglected, and abandoned animals. This is their “forever” home – animals are not bred or sold. Currently about 90 animals, including dogs, cats, pigs, horses, donkeys, ponies, alpacas, llamas, ducks, parrots and peacocks, are in need of food.
Three Ways You Can Help:
Clean Out Your Pantry
- All foods, including those past their expiration dates, are accepted. Most needed are:
- plain popcorn kernels (not flavored or salted)
- crackers – all kinds
- canned fruits, vegetables and soups
- mineral oil
- clean bath towels and beach towels
- The most needed foods are:
- dry cat food (Purina or Friskies only)
- “Moist and Meaty” dog food
- duck pelleted food
- pot bellied pig food
- cracked corn
- Timothy Hay
These items can be purchased at Tractor Supply or feed stores
Donate Perishable Items
Perishable items will be collected on Sunday, February 7, from 11:30 AM – 1 PM and Sunday, February 14, from 11:30 AM – 1 PM in Asbury’s upper parking lot.
- Most needed are:
- lettuce of all kinds
- yogurt of all kinds
- fruits and vegetables
Thank you for caring for God’s creation and man’s friends!