Four Week Cancer Support Group
Tuesday evenings in May
5/7, 5/14, 5/21, & 5/28/19
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Asbury Church, in coordination with the Cancer Support Community of the Lehigh Valley, is exploring the launch of a new support group for those whose lives have been impacted by cancer – either as a patient, a family member, or a friend.
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 from 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM at Asbury Church we will welcome our first of three quest speakers: Laura Oesterle, Program Coordinator of the Cancer Support Community of the Lehigh Valley. Laura will help us explore “Surviving the announcement of the “C” Word.”
We will continue each of the following three weeks at Asbury Church on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM exploring the following:
· Self-advocacy: Learning How To Communicate
· Finding Information: The Importance Of Getting The Right Information
· Making Decisions: The Importance Of Maintaining Or Taking Control
· Problem-solving: Steps To Problem-solve And Manage Discouragement
· Negotiating A Plan That Makes Sense: Insurance Benefits And Employee Rights
· Standing Up For Your Rights: Survivors Learn How To Stand Up For Their Rights
During one of our sessions we will be joined by a few individuals who will share family insights. And on another Tuesday evening The Reverend Nicole Vogel, Pastor of East Stroudsburg Presbyterian Church, will share her personal experience of diagnosis, remission, relapse, and remission once again.
It is our hope that this four-week opportunity for discussion will provide individuals with a safe place to listen, learn, and share with others whose lives have been touched by cancer.
There is no charge for this workshop. Asbury Church members as well as non-members are welcome. To register, or for additional information, please contact Bill Arnold, Asbury’s Director of Congregational Care, at 610-398-2577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.